Risk of hiv

I got intimate with a man a few weeks ago. Just kissing, body rub and nipple biting. No blood was there. He did suck my penis for 3 seconds once. I have a slight throat discomfort today... Is it because I caught HIV? Please help! Thanks!

Doctor Answers (2) on Risk of hiv

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. You are a male and you got intimate with a male? Its very unlikely that you might have contracted HIV. The throat discomfort could be from something else. Kindly get it checked out by a general physician as soon as possible. Also get a HIV test done after 3 months also for your partner. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Phanindra V V Bangalore | General Physician
Hello. It is quite rare that you are infected with HIV. Your sore throat may be due to some other allergic manifestation. Get treated for that. In case you have a doubt, get screened for HIV along with CD4 count in a reputed lab under a good physician in your place.