Regular burps

Hi, Since last 1 month I am getting burps regularly starting from morning. I consulted a doctor and did a medicine course(domperidone) for 10 days and burping got reduced but again started after few days. Sometimes i feel chest pain and acid reflux. Blood reports (CBC, LFT, SUGAR ) and ultrasound is normal. Is it something to worry? Also, is acidity and burping same ??

Doctor Answers (1) on Regular burps

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, yes it could be due to gastritis (acidity). 1.Refined Food – Refined food like white bread, refined sugar is difficult to digest and leads to increased irritation on the stomach lining. Thus, food like pastries, burgers etc should be avoided. 2.Fat – Gastritis is basically the inflammation of the stomach lining, which is enhanced due to fatty acids. Sources of fatty acids are fried chicken, fried onions, fried eggs etc. Boiled eggs are safe but fried eggs are a great source of fatty acids, which increases the stomach lining inflammation. 3.Spicy Food – Spicy food needless to say increases inflammation in the stomach. Spicy food may include direct intake of chillies, intake of high amount of spice everyday, mustard etc. Here is what to eat - eat fresh fruits and vegetables which has high fibre helps both gastritis and digestion problem. There is no restrictions to drinking water,, drink as much as water. Avoid lemon juice during acute attack or gastritis, Eating curd rice soothens gastritis. Can take antigastrits tablets like pan-dsr morning in empty stomach.