Regarding mantoux test
My chest x- ray, ultrasound, hiv, , thyroid, and other blood reports are fine but my mantoux test is positive its about 16 mm therefore I want to know should I start tb treatment .? However my body temp remains in between 98 to 98.8 ..should I go for any other test .Please advise me on this. Kind Regards

Dr. Venkat Raghav
Mantoux test is positive, it doesn’t necessarily mean you have active TB disease. It just means that the bacteria have entered her body. Your doctor will check her for any signs of TB. The next step is a chest X-ray to check for TB infection in the lungs.Since x Ray is normal sputum AFB , blood cultures is confirmatory ,consult physician and discuss regarding these tests.