Recurring of BOILS

From past 2 months I'm suffering from boils recurring on my lower body. Got operated the first boil occurred which should have stopped there like the doc who operated said but it didn't happen. Been taking antibiotics but I'm not seeing any improvement. Kindly suggest
views-icons 181 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Recurring of BOILS

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello,

I understand your feeling and pain.

Recurrent boils in lower area it means that hair follicles and glands are getting infected repeatedly because of the bacteria that which usuallu inhabit on our skin. They are harmless but if there is any kind of erosion of skin by any means then they enter deep into the skin and start infecting the hair follicles and glands.

So you need to maintain hygiene and if you're.suffering from constipation then kindly take food like carrots, cucumbers, chickoo fruits, bendi, leafy vegetables. And also add a lid of dettol to a bucket of water, have bath and after bath make sure you dry your self each and every part. Leave no part wet. Leaving your body wet after bath is allowing infections. So kindly take care.

Thank you.