Rash in the groin area

The rash has not gone for 4 days. There is redness around the area. It itches as well. I have used anti fungus powder and I have used a cream as well. But it does not go. Could you please advise as what I should do

Doctor Answers (3) on Rash in the groin area

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. in the monsoons the fungal infections of the skin usually rise and your complains are also consistent with fungal issue. you haven't mentioned what creams you have used, if you got the cream as a over the counter medicine, then you have to stop using it as most over the counter medicines contain steroids. consult a dermatologist in person for further evaluation and treatment. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...what cream have you been using? Do not use any steroid creams for fungal infections. They will only increase the infection. Also the rashe in the groin should be diagnosed first. Mostly commonly it's fungal. But sometimes even contact dermatitis can occur. For fungal infection you will have to apply antifungal creams like terbinafine for upto 4 weeks. They will take time to heal. Kindly consult a dermatologist for approximate treatment.
Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, most of the rashes in the groin region are due to fungal infection. Antifungal cream with steroid combination will help to relieve this, apply twice daily at least a week, helps to relieve the rash and keep the area clean by washing daily. Of not controlled even with this you need to consult dermatologist.