Query about toe nail

I had a problem of ingrown toe nail and got the nail surgically removed. Now the nail has grown about half the original length. I have avoided wearing shoes since the last 2 months because of my toe and now I want to resume my exercise so can I wear my shoes and what precautions should I take please help

Doctor Answers (2) on Query about toe nail

Avoid pressure on the foot sp. toes. Avoid standing for prolonged periods. Rightly avoid tight shoes. Occasionall sp. while sleeping elevate your lower limb to keep circulation good.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...., Choose sensible footwear. Consider wearing open-toed shoes or sandals until your toe feels better.... The toe usually heals well after the procedure. The primary concern is whether the nail will become ingrown again, which can occur even after destruction of the nail-growing cells. The overall rate for recurrence of an ingrown toenail is 10%-34%... If part of the toenail was removed, it will grow back within 12 months....