chest-icon

Pulmonary lungs cough

I was diagnosed sarcodiasis 3 years back. I was on medication for TB for next 1.25 years. The last cheat citi scan comparison report showed reduced lymph nodes in size and number. My doctor asked me to stop medication and that I am okie now. I still feel a lot of coughing and chest congestion specially during rest or exercise. I am okie otherwise. Will this cough problem remain throughout my life now ??

Doctor Answers (2) on Pulmonary lungs cough

Dr. Pankaj K Bang Mumbai | Pulmonologist
Sarcoidosis is entirely different from tb.the cause is still unknown. This disease can remit and relapse. If u are fine, then do not worry. Regularly show to a pulmonologist for follow up
Dr. Amruth Sindhu Bangalore | Pulmonologist
Hi. I understand your concerns. sarcoidosis is a chronic problem but is different from tb. Now your cough is due to small wounds or inflammation in your lungs. You will need to undergo pulmonary function test to assess the same and your cough can definitely be controlled with treatment. You can consult me at my clinic at hebbal kempapura for the same. details are given in practo. Hope your questions were answered. thanks.