Psychosis

Hi Doctor, I've been using psychotic substances for about 5 years from now and a lot has changed since then, I'm not sure, if I've overdone that and felt a way of living(comfort zone) and silos and social isolation. Mood swings are common from the childhood. The only challenge I find sometimes difficult, is the self expression, low confidence knowingly I can do best and and I do best. My life has been a roller coaster and have seen a lot of ups and down but that doesn't let my down for now when I'm writing, but I experience it subconsciously. Last but not the least, I can't make quick decision and there's a lot of confusion in making decision. Please let me know, if I need any assistance or things are fine, is it just a hot day and bad place where I'm working at? Need advice. Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Psychosis

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...you must always remember doing substances which alter the thinking process is never good for health, especially mental health. That too for 5 years, is always harmful. But it is good that you have realised now and stopped it. Sometimes there can be withdrawal symptoms because of these drugs, which is difficult to overcome alone. So kindly consult a psychiatrist so that they can completely evaluate you and advise regarding further treatment. Also is it always better to visit the psychiatrist with your family members. Hope this helps you.