Psoriasis itching and mar

I have psoriasis on my legs. I have skin itching dryness plaques also there.  My husband having same problem because of that I got the same problem.  That skin marks are spreading.

Doctor Answers (1) on Psoriasis itching and mar

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Bathing daily helps remove scales and calm inflamed skin. Add bath oil, colloidal oatmeal, Epsom salts or Dead Sea salts to the water and soak. Avoid hot water and harsh soaps, which can worsen symptoms; use lukewarm water and mild soaps that have added oils and fats.
 Blot your skin after bathing, then immediately apply a heavy, ointment-based moisturizer while your skin is still moist.
A controlled amount of sunlight can significantly improve lesions, but too much sun can trigger or worsen outbreaks and increase the risk of skin cancer. Before beginning any sunbathing program, ask your doctor about the best way to use natural sunlight to treat your skin. Keep a record of when and how long you're in the sun to help avoid overexposure. And be sure to protect healthy, unaffected skin with a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. Apply sunscreen generously, and reapply every two hours — or more often if you're swimming or perspiring.
Find out what triggers, if any, worsen your psoriasis and take steps to prevent or avoid them. Infections, injuries to your skin, stress, smoking and intense sun exposure can all worsen psoriasis.follow doctors medication