Prolonged periods
Hi Docs, i got my periods three weeks back. the flow ws bare minimum. normally my periods get over in 3 days. bt they have continued n the flow has increased also cramps. I have had a c-section 3 yrs back n have copper-T for 2 yrs. there ws a marriage in the family last week so have been a little stressed. bt this is the first time i have had prolonged period. pls help.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  There could be a lot of causes for your irregular and improper periods. Kindly consult a gynaecologist in person for further evaluation and management.  A ultrasound will also need to be done. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Menorrhagia is the medical term for menstrual periods with abnormally heavy or prolonged bleeding....possible causes are polyps, fibroids,ovarian dysfunction,. Some blood coagulation disorders such as von Willebrand's disease etc,uterine cancer, ovarian cancer and cervical cancer etc...Consult nearest gynecologists for clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.

Prolonged use of pseudoephedrine