Probiotics for gut flora.

I wish to improved my gut flora which is compromised due to an antibiotic course.Which has lead to tinea versicolor. Can you please suggest me a sugar free and dairy free probiotic. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (2) on Probiotics for gut flora.

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern. 
Gut flora - you can take a cap. Darolac/sporolac thrice a day after food for improving your gut flora.

Tinea versicolor- its a fungal infection and its not related to antibiotic use or depletion of gut flora.
If you sweat a lot/have oily skin etc, it can happen.
You need to bathe twice a day and apply a candid dusting powder to get rid of tinea.
You can consult a dermatologist in person for further evaluation and management. 
Best regards.
Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Bangalore.

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... Your gut is a place with millions of bacteria. Out of these millions, some are good and some are bad.Fiber plays an important role in improving your gut bacteria. Recommended intake of fiber is 35-40 grams per day. Drink enough water in your day. ........