Possible Malabsorption

Hi, I am suffering from chronic headaches due to possible Malabsorption of food. These headaches occur within 2-3 hours of having a meal and the headache does not ease/subside until I don't clear my bowel. Due to this, I need to clear my bowels atleast 3 times a day. Also, because of this I wake up with an extremely heavy headache. It almost feels that whatever I eat is rotting inside my body and until I don't clear my bowel, the headache remains. I have shown to a gastroentologist who got my stool,blood tests done that were absolutely normal. He also suggested endoscopy and colonoscopy which I didn't get it done because I felt he was going nowhere with the treatment and was just doing guesswork. Taking isabghol helps a bit, I have done treatments from other doctors as well like taking nutrolin b plus,metrogyl,vimliv but they have not been much effective. Kindly suggest and if possible provide a detailed explanation of what should be done.

Doctor Answers (1) on Possible Malabsorption

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.... Eat at regular times. Don't skip meals, and try to eat about the same time each day to help regulate bowel function. If you have diarrhea, you may find that eating small, frequent meals makes you feel better. But if you're constipated, eating larger amounts of high-fiber foods may help move food through your intestines....