Perthis disease

I have a problem called perthis disease I have consulted to doctor,and they operated. I used crutches for 2 year,then they told me to walk. What all thing that should i do to make my leg more flexible and to walk in steady One thing they have put a rod in hip What all things should do???

Dr. Vinod Kumar A.C
Orthopedist 19 yrs exp Mumbai

you have to get help of physiotherapist for exercises, can do regular activities ,normal work ,sitting cross legged and squatting should be avoided
Dr. K. Santosh Sahanand
Orthopedic Surgeon 10 yrs exp Vellore
Perthes disease has various stages, treatment varies as per the stage. Doctor would have operated based on that. So depending the surgery done , the activity restrictions need to be followed. It is better to consult your operated surgeon for specific details. Usually the implants ( rods) needs to be removed but again depends on what type of surgery was done. So consult an orthopaedic in with your reports and xrays to clear your doubts.