Pain in stiches

I had an operation done in Oct 2014 because my small intestine started leaking. After operation I have no problem whatsoever.But on one of the stiches on stomach it pains and the portion of stich is red. Kindly advise .

Hello there. I can understand your concern but you need to see a doctor or if possible the same surgeon as soon as possible. Pain and redness at the site of the sutures indicate a infection. If not controlled now and delayed, can cause even bigger problem. Best is to not waste any time and consult him or any other general Surgeon regarding this as soon as possible. You can find best surgeons near you by using the practo app itself. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Manju Lihala
There could be infection in the stitch. It is better that you consult a doctor who can examine you and advise accordingly.