Pain in RUQ

Hi Doctor i am suffering from pain and discomfort in right upper of abdomen. Currently i am on antibiotics Augmentin therapy for my sinus and fever problem. It started just after taking 2 doses of the medicine. Also i had previous history of fatty liver disease. My present weight is 64 height 5'6" male age 27. Your kind suggestion plz.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in RUQ

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
The abdominal discomfort you are feeling could be due to the antibiotic ,that is, augmentin. It is a strong antibiotic. It is known to cause abdominal discomfort, gastritis, loose stools. So it is better to take an probiotic and ppi along with it. You can take pantoprazole 40mg once in the morning, half hour before your breakfast. And if you start experiencing loose stools then take any probiotic after you breakfast and dinner. If the abdominal discomfort doesn't subside even after two days, then Consult a physician regarding it for further evaluation.