Pain in abdomen right sid

I have been having on and off pain in my lower abdomen right side however when did an ultrasound nothing was very clear and said there is some fluid and some infection and have been asked to do a CT scan to check for appendicitis. Which specialist should i visit for the furture procedure?

Hello There. I can understand your concern, you should have attached the ultrasound abdomen reports along with this so that we could have given a better opinion. anyways, if it comes as acute appendicitis, then you need to consult the same doctor for further management or if he is not a surgeon, consult a general surgeon near you for further management. next time when you post questions, kindly do remember to post the reports also along with it. you can find best general surgeons near you using this same practo app. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain
Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Dear, You should consult a surgeon if you have swollen appendix. Mild swellings and infections can be dealt with antibiotics and can be reduced.