Pain and swollen breast
Hello.. yesterday I stopped breastfeeding to my baby.. Today I have swollen breast and intolerable pain can u please tell me the how to get rid from swollen and pain breasts.

Dr. Anil B Sheth
General Physician 37 yrs exp Ahmedabad
As u have stopped feeding yr baby, there must be milk accumulation in yr breast.which can cause lot of pain n at times fever also. i m not sure why did u stop feeding but before that u shud have consulted yr dr. as medicines r there which can stop producing milk if u decide not to feed.for now just try to empty yr breast milk by brest pump or by sqezzing the accumulated milk.My adv is to breast feed yr child as much as possible.as it is the best food for yr child.if u do not act now it can result into abscess which require surgery as no medicines work for breast abscess due to milk accumulation.