Over Sweating

Hi I am 32 and a bit over weight. And I sweat a lot .This is not only coz I am bit extra in weight but this is an issue since my childhood. I sweat mostly on my forehead and face. I drink enough water as required in a day. However I am still not sure what is the cause for over sweating. Can someone plz help. Thanks

Doctor Answers (1) on Over Sweating

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hyperhidrosis is abnormally excessive sweating that's not necessarily related to higher temperatures or exercise. You may sweat so much that it soaks through your clothes or drips off your hands. Besides disrupting normal daily activities, hyperhidrosis can cause social anxiety and embarrassment.
Hyperhidrosis treatment usually involves prescription-strength antiperspirants on the affected areas. Rarely, an underlying cause may be found and treated. For persistent hyperhidrosis, you may need to try different medications or other therapies. In severe cases, your doctor may suggest surgery either to remove the sweat glands or to disconnect the nerves responsible for the overproduction of sweat...for weight reduction avoid junk foods,carbohydrates like rice etc,avoid oily foods...add proteins and fibre rich foods to your diet...do regular exercise at least 2 hours a day...Consult dietitian and physician for further help
Regards