Noodle like worm in feace

My brother has noticed a noodle like white, long worm in feaces. Its common in children but is it common in adults ? Are there any over the counter syrups to kill the parasites? How to avoid such things ? He eats out often on road side junk food

Doctor Answers (2) on Noodle like worm in feace

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. It could be a worm called ascaris lumbricoides. Outside food, unwashed hands and other unhygienic practices can lead to this. It can be easily dealt with by one tablet albendazole and ivermectin combination which will take care of any kind of worm infestation. Take the tablet and if you feel constipated, then you have to take a laxative also. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Dr. Deepali S. Ajinkya Mumbai | General Physician
This worm infestation is common in adults who eat road side food. Avoid doing that. Alos Wash and then only eat fruits and salads. Medicine: Tablet Zentel 400mg one at night and repeat after one week. Better to get stool test done from pathology lab to see if there are any other worms or eggs. Take care