Nail fungus

I m suffering from nail fungus from long time (6 months)no treatment work for me . 8 years ago I m suffering from the same but at that time I take ayurveda medicines and it work that time for me but it will come back again I want a proper treatment for it so that it will not return again in my life kindly suggest me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Nail fungus

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Medications for onychomycosis can be administered topically or orally. A combination of topical and systemic treatment increases the cure rate. Adjunctive surgical measures may also be used.
Topical therapy for onychomycosis is as follows:
Ciclopirox olamine 8% nail lacquer solution
Amorolfine or bifonazole/urea (available outside the United States)
Efinaconazole 10% topical solution (the first FDA-approved topical triazole for toenail onychomycosis)
Tavaborole 0.5% topical solution, an oxaborole solution (boron-containing compound)
Can be used in WSO and DLSO limited to the distal nail
Should be limited to cases involving less than half of the distal nail plate or for patients unable to tolerate systemic treatment
Topical treatments may be useful to prevent recurrence in patients cured with systemic agents
Oral therapy for onychomycosis is as follows:
Fluconazole and posaconazole [4] are off-label alternatives
Systemic treatment is always required in PSO and in DLSO involving the lunula region
Nonpharmacologic approaches include the following:
Laser treatment
Photodynamic therapy
Mechanical, chemical, or surgical nail avulsion
Chemical removal with a 40-50% urea compound in patients with very thick nails
Removal of the nail plate as an adjunct to oral therapy..consult dermatologist they will do the needful