Muscular Dystrophy

I am suffering from MD and I have a brother    who is healthy and not suffering from this disease. If he marries and bears a child will his child inherit this disease. I want to get knowledge and information on this. Please educate me.
views-icons 66 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Nikhil Pawar
Pediatrician 10 yrs exp Nashik

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹500 for 24 hrs

Hi. This is Dr.Nikhil Pawar, Pediatric Neurologist. Muscular Dystrophy is a broad term and genetic testings are available to diagnose them accurately. Few things 1.Is your parents marriage Consanguinous  (in relation) ? 2.Any other family members affected ? 3.Kindly do the genetic testing for your diagnosis. 4.Also Do a serum CPK, LDH and 2D echo of your brother to know if he is a carrier. If his genetics testing too shows some mutation then we can predict his offspring's chances of inheriting it. Kindly share you investigation details in private and God give you courage to overcome this defect. .
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?