Muscular Dystrophy

I am suffering from MD and I have a brother    who is healthy and not suffering from this disease. If he marries and bears a child will his child inherit this disease. I want to get knowledge and information on this. Please educate me.

Dr. Nikhil Pawar
Pediatrician 10 yrs exp Nashik

Hi. This is Dr.Nikhil Pawar, Pediatric Neurologist. Muscular Dystrophy is a broad term and genetic testings are available to diagnose them accurately. Few things 1.Is your parents marriage Consanguinous  (in relation) ? 2.Any other family members affected ? 3.Kindly do the genetic testing for your diagnosis. 4.Also Do a serum CPK, LDH and 2D echo of your brother to know if he is a carrier. If his genetics testing too shows some mutation then we can predict his offspring's chances of inheriting it. Kindly share you investigation details in private and God give you courage to overcome this defect. .