Muscle spasm. please help

This happened yesterday evening, as i was talking to my friend and he had something for me. so, i suddenly turned to him and looked at my right side and soon after that.. i felt something wrong at my left shoulder.Yesterday i couldn't sleep so today in the morning at around 5:30 am my mom gave me a p.c.m and i could sleep for one hour. she took me to a neurologist this morning and i told the doc. that i needed temporary solution as my board exams are going on. the doc. gave me skelebenz 15 and ace proxyvon. they told me that i have muscle spazam. i want to know more about this disease and how to get it diagnosed ? please help me my shoulder pain has not reduced yet and are these medicines safe for me? is muscle spazam genetic or is this disease 100% cureable?

Doctor Answers (1) on Muscle spasm. please help

Sagar KS Bangalore | General Physician
Hi,muscle spasm is common in all people. It is not hereditary. It is due to involuntary contraction of muscle due to inflamation or due to excessive workload to that muscle. Muscle relaxants releive the muscle spasms. You are already taking muscle relaxants continue for 3-5days. It will completely relieve your muscle spasms.