Multiple lipoma

I've been diagnosed multiple lipoma(13) i want to know about its treatment, effects and the threats to me by it.

Doctor Answers (1) on Multiple lipoma

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
lipoma isn't cancer and usually is harmless. Treatment generally isn't necessary, but if the lipoma bothers you, is painful or is growing, you may want to have it removed.
Surgical removal. Most lipomas are removed surgically by cutting them out. Recurrences after removal are uncommon. Possible side effects are scarring and bruising.A technique known as minimal excision extraction may result in less scarring.
Steroid injections. This treatment shrinks the lipoma but usually doesn't eliminate it. The use of injections before surgical removal is being studied.
Liposuction. This treatment uses a needle and a large syringe to remove the fatty lump...consult surgeon he will do the needful.