Mouth smell n bitterneas

Hello sir. I feel a weired smell with some bitterness in mu mouth as I got up any time. But in the morning it is higher. Smells is not so fouly bt I slightly feel it. And bitterness is also there. I do brush two time before going to bed in night and jst after getting up in morning. Sir I have gone through a nasal surgery lately on 21 april. It was nasal polyps surgery nd well successful. I hv taken a priscription in this regard of some painkiller antibiotic and gastric. Except it I m suffering with gastric problem from last 10-12 days. And my stomach is not so well. It slightly pained sometimes and most after having a meal. I m taking rantak from last two days. Sir suggest me what to do for both problems. I m concerned abt mouth problem.. is it a sign of any big disease? Should I visit to a doctor?

Doctor Answers (1) on Mouth smell n bitterneas

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Halitosis(bad breath) can be an important social problem in which the standard dental treatments and mouthwashes that are often recommended provide only temporary relief. Oral malodor is primarily the result of microbial metabolism. The mouth is home to hundreds of bacterial species with various nutritional preferences. These organisms digest proteins, and several fetid substances arise, leading to bad breath. Oral malodor from the overgrowth of proteolytic, anaerobic gram-negative bacteria on the crevices of the tongue dorsum can be successfully diagnosed and treated.To reduce bad breath, help avoid cavities and lower your risk of gum disease, consistently practice good oral hygiene. Further treatment for bad breath can vary, depending on the cause. If your bad breath is thought to be caused by an underlying health condition,as we can't prescribe medication online as per law.... consult dentist or ENT specialist they will help you...