Migrane with aura

I have migraine with aura. It's frequent nowadays. I tried many medication prescribed by doctors. None of them worked in preventing it. All I take is pain killers when of attacks. But I need to prevent it from happening.Does anyone suggest any doctor who is best at treating migraine?
views-icons 43 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Migrane with aura

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Self-care measures can help ease the pain of a migraine headache.

Try muscle relaxation exercises. Relaxation may help ease the pain of a migraine headache.
Relaxation techniques may include progressive muscle relaxation, meditation or yoga.
Get enough sleep, but don't oversleep. Get an adequate amount of sleep each night. It's best to go to bed and wake up at regular times, as well.
Rest and relax. If possible, rest in a dark, quiet room when you feel a headache coming on. Place an ice pack wrapped in a cloth on the back of your neck and apply gentle pressure to painful areas on your scalp.
Keep a headache diary. Continue keeping your headache diary even after you see your doctor. It will help you learn more about what triggers your migraines and what treatment is most effective.
Consult Neurologist....