Meralgia parasthetica
Dear Doctor, I have been suffering form burning sensation in my thighs and doctors have confirmed that I have meralgia paraesthetica. Currently having gabapentin and not feeling that great. I heard acupuncture will helps good. I just want to confirm with doctors to make sure whether acupuncture really helps in getting cured from this? Is it safe? Thanks

Hello there..... Treatment for this type of nerve problem usually starts with removing the causative agent.  For instance, wearing pants that are loose around the pelvic area or losing weight are two possibly solutions for the problem.  When these measures fail or are not possible, medications can be used to control the pain..... Consult Orthopedician.....