Medicine side effect
I have been diagnosed with vitamin d, c, calcium and iron deficiencies. For iron my doctor prescribed orofer xt tablets daily. First day after having that, I started feeling nauseas and had vomiting. Second day also, I felt slight uneasiness and weakness for 2-3 hours after taking the medicine. Is it something to worry about? Should I stop taking that medicine and consult my doctor?

Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, I went through your query, Oral iron supplements know to cause gastritis or agrevates gastritis. These tablets should be taken only on full stomach, that is after food only. I recommend you to Take omez-d capsule half an hour before breakfast, which helps to control both gastritis and nausea.