Medicine doubts

Hello doctor, my mom (49) went to a physician with complaints of sudden pain at the back of head that radiates to back of neck, region below shoulder, chest. The doctor said that it is due to gas accumulation in the stomach. He prescribed pantop- ls (pantoprazole+levosulpiride). What is the need of levosulpiride here?

hello there. pantoprazole is a molecule which acts on the cells which produce acid in the stomach and cause less acid to be produce. levosulpiride is a drug which increases gastric emptying time, it stops reflux of the acid to the oesophagus, it increases the gastric motility. these 2 compounds come in a combination many times because the result of the combination is greater than the pantoprazole alone in reflux. you don't have to worry. if you still have doubt, consult your physician again. I hope this helps. regards