Measles, Fever

My mother is suffering from Measles from past 4-5 days. It occurs on all her body and she unable to eat anything. She has fever and body pain too. One of the local general physician ask her to rest properly. But we are not noticing any sign of improvement. Please let me know the treatment.

Dr. Manaswini Mullapudi
Hi, there is no SPECIFIC treatment for measles, as it is mostly self limiting, which means it will slowly resolve by itself.. It will usually take a week or so to get back to normal.. Don't worry. However, do look out for warning signs like increase in the cough or increase in fever from before and immediately consult a doctor if the condition is getting worse. The treatment involves managing the symptoms like fever and weakness.. And proper rest. Give your mother plenty of fluids, especially water. It is absolutely vital to keep her hydrated throughout the healing process. Wait for 2 more days and if the condition doesn't improve then consult your doctor again.