Malaria query
I've been diagnosed of malaria. What is the the recommended period of rest before I could resume working? I don't have a desk job. My job involves a lot of travel.

hello. the period of treatment and rest depends on the type of parasite. generally treatment lasts for a week. after that if you are symptom free then take rest for 3 days during which you need to observe proper food habits and then you are good to go. but if the symptoms reappear then you need to show to your doctor because it may mean treatment failure due to resistance etc. kind regards, Dr. Anil jain