Low Vitamin D
In a recent blood test, it was found that I had 5.36 Ng/ml Vitamin D which is too low than the normal range. What should be done to increase it? Should I undergo dietary changes? Can it be treated through medication? Which specialist should I approach for consultation in person?

Hello there.... I went through your query..... Vitamin D is found in many foods, including fish, eggs, fortified milk, and cod liver oil. The sun also adds to the body's daily production of vitamin D, and as little as 10 minutes of exposure is thought to prevent deficiency..... Exposure to sunlight is the richest source of vitamin D.....
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. you can take tablet uprise d3 60000 IU, one tablet every week for 8 weeks for vitamin d3 deficiency. It will help improve your serum vitamin d levels. You can try going out more in the sun. If you have any symptoms of bony pain or weakness, consult a orthopedic for further evaluation.