Loss of weight

As asked by Dr.Amarpreet singh Riar and Dr.ragh MS few questions on my earlier query. Iam, 45 ys, 173 cm in height, the problem discussed i.e Pre - Diabetics has started before Mar2013. But i had been taking home reamedies. some how when it was deducted in mar2013, i used to be in great stress during the period.My weight had been drastically coming down from 72 to 65kgs in just 2 weeks, then from 65 to 62kgs in next one month after having being estb Diabetics and Hypothyrodism. my medicine prescribed are Metformine 500 mg BD, 25 mcg Eltroxin for hypothyrodism, Then night 75 mg asprin, recently started taking 1000 mcg mecobalanium morning and 500 mcg Mecobalanium in night, afternoon one Autrin.(Iron Tablets). Now since last 3 yrs presently 53- 54 kgs. My diet , morning 2-3 chapatis, same in afternoon and same in night. The day i don't go for evening walk though my glucose level remain 140-150 two hrs after lunch, my skin on the penis gets reddish, minor rashes on it. pls advice.

Doctor Answers (2) on Loss of weight

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
First thing is you need to have less of carbs and more of proteins...so best thing is have less qt of rice or reduce the no of chapathis you have and have more of dal or subzi...you need to replace your rice or chapathis with oats,ragi balls or Suji preparations... You can tk any one fruit like banana, orange or Apple or mausambi in your fruits list... Now can add water melon too...you need to have fresh carrots, cucumber or channa dal when ever hungry... Have loads of water too...You also need to engage yourself in outdoor activity like walking,running, jogging, cycling,k swimming  for a minimum if 30 to 45 min ..or chose to gym or aerobics as per your liking....you can also include green tea...it will increase metabolism...consult a dietician for a specific  diet chart as per your bmi and your food preferences... All the very best.... Thank you
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... Consider dietary changes. Low-fat, high-carbohydrate diets may increase insulin levels, so you may want to consider a low-carbohydrate diet .. Don't severely restrict carbohydrates; instead, choose complex carbohydrates, which are high in fiber. The more fiber in a food, the more slowly it's digested and the more slowly your blood sugar levels rise...