Lateral medullary syndrom
My father suffered from lateral medullary syndrome. I need to know the causes of it. He doesn't smoke but consumes alcohol. Is it because if it? He recovered from it and doing good on medicines but started consuming alcohol again. Is it dangerous to his health?! Please suggest...

Well.. lateral medullary syndrome is basically a syndrome which is caused due to infarct in the posterior internal carotid artery or its branch.... Basically stroke.....I can't point it at alcohol as the reason... Well there were studies earlier that alcohol in minimal doses have positive health effects but all such reports have been debunked....there is nothing like that.... It's always better to quit alcohol....hope he is undergoing physiotherapy