Knee replacement surgery.

Hello doctor, I need information regarding knee joint replacement surgery. What are the different types of kits available for the surgery. Doctor said me it costs around 50K excluding hospital charges. He also said me about some of the cheap rate Indian kits which costs just 7K. I need a detailed information on the different types of kits and their price range, quality etc. What are the consequences of knee replacement surgery? Would I be able to recover completely and go back to my activities after the surgery? Is it safe at this age? Help me. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Knee replacement surgery.

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi....., There are two types of knee joint replacement... Total knee joint replacement, This surgery involves the replacement of both sides of the knee joint. It is the most common procedure..... Partial knee joint replacement, This surgery is done when only one side of the knee joint is replaced. Hence, it does not last as long as a total replacement..... With proper care and rehabilitation, a total knee arthroplasty may last upto 20 years or longer before you need a replacement. Most replaced knee joints continue to work 10 years after surgery...And the costs of the implants varies...Consult orthopedician for further advice....