Knee pain query
I am 22. The place where I am staying doesn't have an elevator and I have to climb four flights of stairs everyday. I've heard that too much activity like this will have a long-term impact on the knees. Is this true?

Dr. Vinod Kumar A.C
Orthopedist 19 yrs exp Bangalore

in your age usually there is problem in climbing stairs, if you are getting knee pain ,first do knee strengthening exercises, stop climbing otherwise not to worry
Dr. Ajay Rao
Orthopedist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
Great ! Climbing stairs is a great form of exercise to your knees and also is an aerobic workout. If you don't have pain ,and at your age it should not be a problem. in people having arthritis in the knee or any kind of patellofemoral(knee cap) disorder,then we advice them not to do activities that cause pain or create increase in pressure in the joint. Hope I have answered your question