Joints pain
My mother suffers from hypothyroidism and developed knee joint pain she is able to fold her knee with much difficulty. I have done blood tests CBC ESR TSH AND ARTHRITIS TEST. HB-11.1,ESR-38,URIC ACID-6.7,CRP-4.88,T3-107.17,T4-9.76,TSH-0.051. she is taking thyronorm 100 mcg calcium and iron tablets . please suggest any cure. Regards

Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Dear, At the age of 58 years, it is common to face such difficulty to fold the knee. More than thyroid medicines, I would advise that your mother undergoes an X-ray of her knee to find out if she is having any Osteoarthritis.