Is skin grafting needed ?

I met with a road traffic accident on 5th June where an auto rikshaw was on my left leg. Due to which the bone between knee and ankle was broken and i had to undergo a surgery. Implants were put on 6th of June, I also have deep wounds on my ankle, I have attached the pic of the ankle wounds. Please suggest if skin grafting is really needed or can it heal if given time. I am not really kin doing skin grafting surgery. Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Doctor Answers (1) on Is skin grafting needed ?

Dr. Arunabha Das Darjeeling | General Physician
I have seen the pic which you have sent. The deep wound is most likely to be 3rd degree wound in some parts. So, if you wait for natural healing than it wont heal completely, even after prolonged period of conservative management. It may lead to deep scar tissues around ankle and foot, which will cause you cosmetic problem in future. So, if the wound is 3rd degree than skin grafting remains a good choice for better healing process. If you donot want skin grafting due to economic cause than it will be your personal decision. Consult your doctor also if you have further queries.