Is cow's ghee healthy?

My mother insists I have a spoon of cow ghee every day, as it will prevent joint issues in the future. Is their any scientific basis for this or just hearsay? I don't want to consume fat unnecessarily.

Doctor Answers (2) on Is cow's ghee healthy?

A tsp of liquified ghee consumed with freshly prepared Hot food nourishes mainly brain & then joints. Avoid ghee during night. Consuming ghee in this way doesn't increase cholesterol.
Thanks for appreciating inquiry for scientific traditional things, will u plz inquire about d same for couple of proverbs like early to bed n rise makes wise, sound mind n body, this is liked to making both sound n flexible... Ayurved shared to use freely for intellectually driven people. But at the same point it also mentioned Exercise too. So plz u can count on ur mom and Ayurved too. Feel free to contact for further personalised questions