Infection Contact

Dear Doctor, I was standing in a hospital lobby with my mother. One of the hospital staff was carrying a used drip (plastic bottle and tubes and all) and went from right behind me. I didn't feel anything as I tried to move away from him, but was unable to. He later threw the drip in the dustbin. As a clinical hypochondriac, I fear that the needle might have pricked me and that I might have an infection. When I came home, I checked my back for signs of a prick and found this small spot on my vest (shown in picture). Do you feel this is just an irrational anxiety or something I need to see a doctor about?

Doctor Answers (1) on Infection Contact

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.... This mark is there on your shirt.. You examine your body for nay scratch marks... If you have any scratches on body wash it with soap and dettol... Don't get scared unnecessarily... If you don't have any prick or scratches on your body don't worry about it. Leave it...