Improve haemoglobin level

Hi, My wife is 26 years old and we are planning for kids. Her haemoglobin level is low. Its only 8.7%. It was 7.9% only before a month. She is taking following items in regular daily diet. 1. Lentils and Beans - 100gm/day 2. an Apple 3. 250ml milk (small glass) 4. Ground nuts 5. 1 glass Spinach juice 6. Groundnuts - Peanuts 7. Daily routine food- Chapatis, veg curry, rice Please suggest whether she is taking proper diet to improve haemoglobin. How much time it takes to reaches to normal level. What improvement is required in diet. Is it advisable to take injections to improve haemoglobin level.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. Tes she is taking a proper diet although you can increase the intake of dals. Additionally she needs to take a tab. Livogen-z once a day after food which is a iron supplement with zinc which will help in increasing the Hb soon. She should also get adequate sun exposure like for atleast 20 minutes a day with atleast 20 percent of body area exposed before 12. It would take atleast 2 months to come to a normal level. After pregnancy also she will have to maintain a good diet and she will have to take supplements. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.