Im too lean

Im 21 years, and my height is 5.2 and my weight is 41.5. I'm taking in a balanced diet at right time but still I'm not able increase my weight. I'm flat chested too.i don't have the confidence of moving in front of others.going to the gym works in increasing my weight and chest size?
views-icons 67 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Im too lean

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. i can understand your concern. you need to make suitable dietary changes and you need to count your calories. to gain weight you should be taking in more calories than what you burn in a day . Have a high protein diet. have meals frequently. to do something about the chest hit the gym or do push-ups daily. that will cause the pectoral muscle to be strong and bulge a little. consult a dietician for a detailed diet chart. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...i advise you to take daily egg, the egg white is rich in protein and the yellow portion is rich in cholesterol,if you are a non vegetarian consuming weekly twice meat is a good option....try to include diary products like panner, cheese, ghee, butter,shirkand in your diet...try to include foods like avocado,banana,peanut butter,potatoes,prawns etc. Try to include fish,carrots,sprouts,chicken in your diet which contributes to vitamins and proteins....Some times certain GE infection can lead to malnutrition, so getting rid of it will itself improve your weight. Hormonal imbalance can also be a cause, taking that supplements can improve the weight..  consult a physician for further management
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...ideal weight for height is around 55kgs. You need to start increasing your muscle weight. as you know few people have very high basic metabolism rate. It will be difficult for them to gain weight. Also one should remember gaining weight and losing weight is a very gradual process. It will a lot of time, patience and determination. You must follow a healthy diet and exercise schedule. Start having food rich in proteins like pulses, soyabeans, vegetables, fruits, egg whiteboiled , boiled chicken. Regarding exercises, start cycling or swimming or gyming, whatever you are comfortable with and enjoy most. You can also visit a dietician for further queries.