Hypothyrodism

I have a pear shaped body(more fat at hip and thighs), recently checked thyroid levels(t3 normal , t4 normal, tsh high(6.3) ). do i need to check for hormonal levels also? my concern is to reduce fat from my lower body. I cant wear all dresses,feeling very insecure about my body shape. Recently joined in gym also 20 days ago but i didnt find any results. plz help me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hypothyrodism

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. For your thyroid, I would suggest you consult a endocrinologist and start treatment for your hypothyroidism. Also get a USG abdomen done to rule out PCOD. as for weight loss, it's funny when you say that you haven't been able to find any results after a whopping 20 days of work out. Weight loss requires a strict diet control and strict excercise regimen. You need to work hard to find d acceptable results because it will take quite some time to find the results you need. Let me put it this way, your weight hasn't increased overnight, there fore losing it would also require some time. Also by proper treatment of your thyroid condition and PCOD(if you have) would also help in weight loss. Regards