Is this chronic? How will I be able to know I'm having a hypocalcemia attack? How can I cure this???

Doctor Answers (1) on Hypocalcemia

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, The presentations of patients with hypocalcemia vary widely, from asymptomatic to life-threatening situations. Hypocalcemia is frequently encountered in patients who are hospitalized. Depending on the cause, unrecognized or poorly treated hypocalcemic emergencies can lead to significant morbidity or death.
The treatment of hypocalcemia depends on the cause, the severity, the presence of symptoms, and how rapidly the hypocalcemia developed.Hypocalcemia generally results from another disease process. Awareness of the diseases that cause hypocalcemia is important so that the cause can be identified and managed early.
Treatment of chronic hypocalcemia depends on the cause of the disorder. Patients with hypoparathyroidism and pseudohypoparathyroidism can be managed initially with oral calcium supplements. The hypercalcemic effects of thiazide diuretics may offer some additional benefits.