liver-icon
Hepatitis B
I have been diagnosed that I have hepatitis b while I was trying to donate blood and the result shows that I have reactive blood and should consult a hepatologist or gastroenterologist. Should I diagnose before consulting a doctor or should I first ask for an opinion?

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Since your hbsag report is positive, you might now be required to get your hepatitis b virus load and antibodies estimated. Hepatitis b infection is a life long infection. It unfortunately cannot be cured permanently. But the viral load can be reduced. Also few other investigations to evaluate the liver will have to be done. You can consult a gastroenterologist or hepatologist for further evaluation.