Hepatitis B
I have been diagnosed that I have hepatitis b while I was trying to donate blood and the result shows that I have reactive blood and should consult a hepatologist or gastroenterologist. Should I diagnose before consulting a doctor or should I first ask for an opinion?
57 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Harsha
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Since your hbsag report is positive, you might now be required to get your hepatitis b virus load and antibodies estimated. Hepatitis b infection is a life long infection. It unfortunately cannot be cured permanently. But the viral load can be reduced. Also few other investigations to evaluate the liver will have to be done. You can consult a gastroenterologist or hepatologist for further evaluation.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.