liver-icon
Hepatitis A
Hello, I'm 19 years old. I was suffering from Hepatitis A. Was completely cured from the infection in one month. All my reports were fine including bilirubin level. I have been completely taking care of my diet for three months now. Haven't been eating anything from outside, just home cooked food and fruits. I haven't consumed alcohol since the time I got diagnosed with the infection. But I'm not able to resist myself from having alcohol now. So, just wanted to know if I can consume alcohol. If not now, then for how long do I have to wait? Also, please note, I used to drink very occasionally once or twice a week. Would continue the same if I get good inputs from you. Thanks

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Im sorry but we cannot encourage anyone to consume alcohol whether in health or in disease. I wouldn't comment on when you can resume alcohol consumption.  Rather, i would encourage you not to drink at all. Its bad for health. On this platform, hundreds of people read the questions and answers. And giving such advise is not a good thing. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. V. Hari Prasad
General Physician 6 yrs exp Chennai
Hello. Just see what was written over alcohol 🍷 bottle "alcohol 🍷 is injurious to health".