Hemmorhoids problem

I have developed external hemorrhoids. It is swelling and itching inside and sometimes pain increase after bowel movements. what should be the best treatment for it ? ( I think I should continue Ayurvedic treatment for it). Note:I am managing a very good diet.

Doctor Answers (3) on Hemmorhoids problem

Dr. Gyaneshwar Ghaziabad | General Physician
Obviously you want to treat it conservatively as suggested by other doctors. But you may also consider taking opinion of a surgeon if he can suggest some minor procedure acceptable to you.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. i can understand your concern. you are asking for treatment and you yourself are telling that you think you should continue ayurvedic treatment. so what do you expect us to say? the main thing in haemorrhoids is that you should not strain for stools and avoid lifting heavy objects. drink lots of water. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Anil B Sheth Ahmedabad | General Physician
1st of all make sure u r not constipated, n yr bowel moments r smooth n without much straining.For that stop eating all kinds of junk, spicy n deep fried food.Eat more of Greens n fresh fruits n dates.For pain apply locally any ointment which contains 2% Xylocain or lidocain.like Anovate or Shield, or proctosedyl ointment.for swelling sit in a tub filled with warm water.