Harmons problem

Hello I am 17 year old boy. I am 5.6 ft tall and my mother is 5.8 and my father is 6.1 I am not growing like my family. I try many exercise and diet but I am not growing. From last year I only grow 1 cm.. Please help and give any medical advice. Or any medicine. I hope u understand my problem. Everyone is tall then me. Plz help and one more. I am 50 kg. And I try aruvadic. But no effect. Hope for nice respond. Thku.

Doctor Answers (2) on Harmons problem

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. You are still 17, normally growth spurts occur by 18-19 years in boys. After this the growth is very slow and then stop. If what every height you attain, you have to live with it. No medication can change that fact. Also your weight is also fine because I expect it to increase in the coming years. Don't have to do anything special. Just enjoy your life. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello....prematuration growth spurt takes place between 13 to 17 years in boys .. In this age one will gain 10 cms of height .....Once maturation occurs growing end of bones fuses and one cannot grow further after that age...so growth cessate usually at the age of 18.you must learn to live with fact.. Don't try medication for growth they won't work. Cycling, swimming, skipping, stretching exercise may help you.. Do it in the early morning..