Hard and fatty abdomen

Whole of my abdomen is hard like stone and getting fat despite normal diet. I am an old patient of diabetes dependent on insulin.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hard and fatty abdomen

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Lipohypertrophy is an abnormal accumulation of fat underneath the surface of the skin. It’s most commonly seen in people who receive frequent and multiple daily injections, such as people with type 1 diabetes.

Repeated insulin injections in the same location can cause fat and scar tissue to accumulate. This causes hard bumps under the skin, usually in the abdomen or on the thighs. The hard, fatty lumps can be unsightly. But more importantly, they can interfere with insulin therapy. The mass of tissue may slow your absorption of insulin, causing a spike in blood glucose. Later, the delay can cause your glucose levels to become dangerously low. Lipohypertrophy itself is not life threatening, but it can make diabetes disease management more difficult.
Consult Physician...