Getting sleep when sittin

While I sit for reading paper or  watching TV I get sleep. I am sleeping around 6.5 hrs to 7 hrs during night daily. Is this any disorder. Pl suggest to whom should I consult

Doctor Answers (2) on Getting sleep when sittin

It seems that you day time drowsiness is disturbing. Day time drowsiness is usually a symptom of poor quality night sleep. One of the cause could be obstructive sleep apnoea where your bed partner would be aware that you snore, sometimes gasp during sleep. Kindly check with a sleep specialist or if not available a pulmonologist who usually does the sleep study. If you are stressed,do consult a psychiatrist as well so that he can help you with good quality night sleep. Take care
Hello,
Sleeping off during the daytime when you don't intend to is usually a symptom of poor quality of sleep in the night.
If you snore during your sleep, you are over weight , or you abuse alcohol, You might be suffering from Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
Please see a Sleep specialist and get a sleep study done to evaluate for this. This is a treatable condition . If untreated it can cause harmful effects on your health.