Getting Fits.

Amit a five years old child has three seizures during the period of last ten months. His seizure were occurring within first hour of sleep. He has first seizure in the night of May 31st, 2015. In his seizure, his eyes were opened but fixed to the left side. His head turned to left side. We tried to move his head but this was fixed to the left. He was vomiting vigorously and unresponsive. This lasted for almost 15 to 25 minutes. He was not aware of what was going on. In medical terminology, this is called idiopathic seizures. MRI is normal. We have done three EEG, two are normal but last one has some spikes. Doctor advice Valprain Syp. (200mg) 7.5ml twice a day. This dose was increased from 5ml to 7.5ml twice a day after the last seizure occurred on March 20th 2016. Kindly advice if the medication is ok or should we go ahead with some other treatments as well.

Doctor Answers (1) on Getting Fits.

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello.. Well it's good that you are well aware about his medical condition.. It's best for your child to continue the same treatment...I don't think at further tests are required for now...try to give him medicines on time and never skip the dose....I know it's very hurting for you as parents but it's important to stick to medicines now...you need to have regular follow up with the doctor so that the doses can be tapered or changed as required...thank you